Monday, November 28, 2005

Google and Innovation

I type google.com at least twenty times a day, and it almost causes keyword-sick. But arguably, it's still the best search company on the planet that faithfully spits out most wanted and few unwanted information for me each time.

I would agree with many bloggers that there are two many google related news floating around. It feeds to the franzy that google is the king (should be kingS since we have two "do-no-evils") of innovation and everything it does makes more sense to commentators, reporters, financial analysts alike? I beg to differ.

Besides the page ranking search thing, google is hardly an innovation leader. It's an innovation marketing leader and can often successfully scale NIH (not-invented-here) innovations to a new level. Don't you agree?

Google is just another startup and did something right in the past as many other successful startups. Don't get me wrong, I do not hate anyone at google. I think people working there are a bunch of fun and lovely entrepreneurs, with obvious attitude, which is perfectly OK after creating so much values for the economy and the worldly society as a whole.

But innovation never stops at google. Google eventually will reveal its weakness and loose its steam. The very reason is not that google is not great anymore or its leaders become stupid. Once google defines what google is, it also seals its legacy and becomes a part of the dispensible history. In a sense, it digs its own grave with honor!

I have tried to ask Larry and Sergei to give a talk on What Google Not! Their cute assistant always gun down my invitation with a big smile on her face (imiginative since she only sent emails to me all the time). So I might have to googled up the topic value that they might one day do-no-evil on it.

The conclusion, there are still many many more hopes for daring innovators. Google imagined something and it works great. So you and I can imagine many other things created by standing on giants' shoulders (including google's as well) and have decent chance of outlive dinosaur?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home