Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Thanksgiving without Turkey

Today is Thanksgiving, the day for all families to share a whole year full of happiness and joy together. And my thoughts and wishes go to those who could not enjoy the dinner and time with his/her family for protecting the country.

We used to eat Turkey at Thanksgiving day. And for some reason, this year everyone is tired of the tedious preparation works and decided to opt for NOTHING. Nothing? When I shared my decision with my other family members living in China on the phone, they suggested why not I cook some eggrolls instead since it's my specialty and also shared with me a story about how The Thanksgiving holiday comes about they heard from friends. While agreeing to cook egg-rolls is a good idea, I could not stop laughing about how they believe the big turkey(s) saved american pilgrims so that we have to eat them at least once per year and save the last few for next year. I felt obligated to give a history lecture to them. They mmmed when I told them it's the American indian that showed their grace and hospitality to those pilgrims. Poor turkey(s)! If they know some people think they are the hero, they probably would love to re-write the history and/or law to give them more prestige status. Granted, I did not eat one Turkey today, that Turkey should somehow start the grassroot campain from now and avoid a desperation next year since I do not know whether next year I am going to change my mind again.

Happy holidays everyone and Turkeys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home